Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Design Team Wednesday

      I saw this Winter Frost collection from We R Memory Keepers in Scrapdoodles and fell in love with it. There is an entire line of double sided paper with different textures and tags. Scrapdoodles also carries the extra embellishments that come with this line. I loved the buttons and couldn't wait to create with them. This paper didn't remind me of Christmas, but the days that you spend at home in front of the fire when it is icy and cold outside. We have had a couple of those days here in Northern Virginia so I used that inspiration for my layout.


I love working with different textures and lots and lots of layering. The poem is printed on sheer fabric. (For directions on printing on fabric click here and scroll to the bottom of the blog.) I also cut out some snowflakes using the same fabric. I cut some snowflakes using my Silhouette and others with my Sizzix. I layered about 4 - 5 snowflakes on top of each other. The buttons are from the Winter Frost collection.


I also created the card below with a little of my left over paper. The bottom of the globe and ribbon was cut using my Silhoutte machine.


Stay warm and Scrap Happy!!
Carey

No comments: