Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Employee Favorite Product of the Week

Silhouette Sketch Pens

If you’ve been in the store and talked to me in the last month or so, you probably have heard that I received a Silhouette Cameo for Christmas. I just love it. In my free time (insert snicker here), I’ve been playing around with some of its features, which is how I discovered the Silhouette Sketch Pens.

Sketch pens come in a variety of colors. I have a pack of the primary colors. They are very simple to use. You simply take the blade out of the Cameo, remove the pen top, place the pen in the blade holder, and watch the magic happen.

I downloaded a couple of the sketch designs from the Silhouette on-line store to see how I liked the effect. In the blink of an eye I had the appearance of hand drawn artwork to use in my projects. You can also use multiple colors of pens for one image. The Silhouette Cameo blog has a tutorial that gives step by step directions, and screen shots. If you have more artistic talent than this girl, you could even sketch your own designs!

Here is a card I made using a design from the Silhouette on-line store, and five different sketch pens. I just love how it turned out.



We are currently selling individual sketch pens at store. Come in and pick one up. Experiment with it, and then join me in begging Cheryl to order more. We also carry tons of other accessories for your Cameo; download cards, blades, mats, vinyl, adhesive sheets, etching crème, and more.

Happy Crafting, Rachael

No comments: