Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Design Team Wednesday


Happy New Year everyone! I am back with some inspiration for Valentine's Day. When Cheryl told me to check out the new Authentique Valentine's line, "Lovely", I immediately fell in love... hee hee. After looking at the paper and cardstock stickers, I decided to use old photos of my grandparents. I felt like the collection had a nice blend of modern and vintage appeal, which lent itself to both old photos and new cards.
The first layout incorporated various cardstock stickers and patterned paper from the collection. I created a "rose" using ribbon from the store. Since I bought it by the yard, I am not sure of the brand, though the ladies at Doodles will know!


The second layout played more upon the reds and blacks in this collection. I felt these colors beautifully complemeted this picture. Old photos are so wonderful, aren't they? I used the same ribbon here as well.


This card might be one of my all time faves. I think the "tickets" worked perfectly on cardstock strips, and are tucked inside the bottom half of the card. They can be "cashed in" by your Valentine!  


The second card again utilized the rosy colors in this collection. The glittered buttons are made by Recollections. I love how the same collection offers such a variation between soft and delicate; and bold and playful.


Stop by the store and grab some of this amazing Authentique line to show your love!

No comments: