Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Design Team Wednesday

Hello again everyone! I'm excited to share my projects with you all this week. February is only a few days away which means the countdown to Valentine's Day has begun.  I always have a hard time figuring out what to give my husband for Valentine's Day so when I saw the On Trend line by Crate Paper I had a spark of inspiration!

What I love about this line is that it isn't in your face Valentine's day.  There are a few papers that come with multiple tags and phrases.  When I saw that the papers were easily pulled apart I was excited to see what I could do with them. 


My first project was a set of frames.  I wanted to create something that was sophisticated, not overly girly, and could stand alone or compliment each other as a group.  I had a few unfinished wood frames that I thought would look great spruced up with this line. 


Each frame is a different shape yet they sit well together.  It only took two sheets of paper cover all three (I love Modge Podge!).  
The LOVE letters were cut from the On Trend paper line and I used red paint to give it a bit more depth so it would jump off the background papers. 
This frame was my favorite.  The So Lovely saying was randomly placed along the edges of the tag paper. I cut them out and added a piece of fiber so they would drape across the frame. Then I modge podged the entire thing to make sure it would all stay in place. 

After finishing the frames I put together a scrapbook page using the On Trend papers. 
Instead of cutting all of the tags apart I used them as a border. All of the pattern paper, tags, and the So Very Lovely square are from the On Trend paper line. The solid paper is Bazzil and the flowers were from my stash. 

I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day and that these projects help to inspire you to create something for the one you love most!






No comments: