Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

X-Press IT Product of the Week


My product of the week is the double sided sticky paper X-press It.  It is sold in 8-1/2 x 11 or 11 x 14 sheets. This product cuts easily with any manual or die cutting machine. I like to use it for glitter embellishments. For my sample, I used lifestyle craft detailz die.
the new Evolution manual die cutting machine, Genius Platform, American Crafts Wow fine glitter and Ranger Stickles fine glitter.

Cut the double-sided sticky X-Press- It, the same as you would cardstock. After cutting,  the die cut will have paper on both sides…remove one side and adhere to your project, or a piece of cardstock if you plan to fussy cut. My die cut had small circle pieces. Using my tweezers, I removed the small pieces first…must be gentle.                              

When all small pieces had been removed, I applied Stickles pink glitter, sparingly..but covering the desired section.  Using my finger, I  gently rubbed the glittered section. With a paint brush,  brushed away the excess glitter. I removed the next section, and repeated the process, using American Crafts WOW aqua glitter.  

Finished product is enlarged somewhat…but the piece is absolutely beautiful.

                                                                                
The actual sample can be seen at the store affixed to this write up.

I really like the way the X-press-it- die cuts.  I have used it in an electronic die cutting machine as well as a manual die cutting machine.

For more information about the X-press -It, go to


Happy Crafting!!

No comments: