Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Design Team Wednesday - Webster's Pages "Citrus Squeeze"

We are excited to introduce the last of our newest Design Team Members, Ashley Smith.  She's got a fun and bold style you are sure to love.  Today she's giving us plenty of ideas on how to get the most from your papers and create your own fun accents to add to your page.  She also shares a great project-life style spread.  You can see more of her work on her blog. Help me welcome Ashley Smith to our Team!

Hello Everyone!  Ashley here with my first layouts for Scrapdoodles.

I was working with the Citrus Squeeze line from Webster's Pages.  These are the perfect papers for your bright, fun, summer layouts.

The 4th of July is one of those events (like any holiday!) where I take a lot of pictures. As usual, I ended up having so many photos that I made a traditional 12 x 12 layout and a "project-life style" double-page spread using the divided page protectors.

When making a layout, one of my favorite techniques is fussy cutting.  The Citrus Squeeze papers have some big, bold patterns (the flowers) that are perfect for this.  I just cut them apart by hand and made my own embellishments.

I love fussy cutting so much that when I am looking at a selection of papers and trying to decide which ones to buy, I always choose a sheet or two that have fun designs I can cut out.

All of the embellishments on this page (except the journaling spot) were hand-made from the patterned paper.  I just used my micro-tip scissors and shaped punches (circle and star punches).


The rosettes were made with a 12-inch strip of paper and a scoring board.  And the small flowers were made by gluing 6 small circles (half-inch circle punch) together and adding a gem in the middle. 


I also had fun with some baker's twine.  Looping it in between the embellishments and using it in the "fireworks" cluster of stars.


I really love "project-life" style scrapbooking.  It's a fast, easy, and fun way to get lots of photos scrapped quickly.  It also mixes well in your albums with the 12 x 12 layouts.  I can take my time with a traditional 12 x 12 page and then finish the rest quickly with the divided page protectors.












1 comment:

DaileyScrapper said...

Oh my. Your fussy cutting is beautiful. Great lay out.
I make go for one myself. :-)
Yvette