Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Guest Design Team Post - Art Journaling


Hi Everyone,

While we are finalizing our new design team, I am filling with with some of my art journal work.

One of my favorite things about art journaling is just playing with different creative mediums. There are no rules so you can play and mix things up!

I love Golden Fluid Acrylics Fluid Acrylics. They are highly intense, permanent acrylic colors with a consistency similar to heavy cream. Since they are produced from lightfast pigments, not dyes, they offer very strong colors with very thin consistencies. They are pricey but a little bit goes a long way! We have a few in stock and expect our reorder shortly.  A fun tip is to put one part paint and one part water in a mini-mister to create your own spray! Perfect to use with stencils.

Golden has several mediums to play with including the Regular Gel Medium which is perfect for adhering paper to canvas and making image transfers. I use both the Golden light molding paste and the Dreamweaver Embossing Paste with different stencils to create texture. I interchange different mediums on one page all the time. My current favorites are Faber-Castell Gelatos, Golden Paints, and Pan-Pastels.

I took the weekend off and went to Donna Downey's studio and created on 3 foot canvases! The photos below represent various stages of 2 different canvases. I used a lot of Golden Fluid Acrylics, sprays, stencils and the new Catalyst Texture tools which will be in stock next week. With Art Journaling, you can take it to any size!

To learn more, sign up for one of the Art Journal Technique Classes. Techniques change every month.

Cheryl


No comments: