Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Design Team Wednesday- Jillibean Soup Collection

Hi everyone! Today I get to highlight a super cute paper collection from Jillibean Soup: Irish Farm House Soup. The papers in this collection are really fun and have a nice vintage feel to them. I started out by making a layout using some old pictures of my brothers, a neighbor, and I biking through our favorite little forest that was outside our apartment building. I absolutely loved the paper with all the colorful bikes on them and knew I just had to use it in the layout! One of the papers had a bunch of cute sayings that were divided in rectangles. I cut out each saying and used one of them as the highlight of the page. The Jillibean Soup collection also has some adorable coordinating shape stickers and bright yellow sayings (Yellow Smile). I used those to give my page some color and interest. Using my die cut, I cut out different sized circles and lined them up on a cardstock strip. I then used my sewing machine to create a stitch right down the middle of it. Here's the finished layout:


Using the remaining papers, I decided to make a mini album. I must admit, I've never made one of these before, but I loved how it turned out! The theme was about highlighting a fun day. To make the papers thicker, I adhered them to heavy weight white cardstock. I used more of those cute sayings from the paper I cut up all throughout the album. I also used my die cut to make the whimsical circles and rectangles for the picture inserts. Here are a few pictures of the album.




Again, the pictures really don't do the layout or album justice. To get a better look and to see the rest of the album, you should definitely stop by the store. Also, be sure to check out the Jillibean Soup collection. You will love it!

-Claudia :)

No comments: