Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Faber Castell Watercolor Pencils



Hi everyone!  It’s Rachael, and this time, I’m stepping out of my comfy box and trying some new techniques.  Recently I’ve purchased a few stamps with the hopes of dabbling in card making.  I had not figured out to do with said stamps until one night, I discovered the Faber Castell Watercolor Pencils.

For some reason these pencils didn’t overwhelm me.  I felt like I could try them out and play with them, even if I didn’t have any artistic talent or technique.  I started out by stamping the butterfly image several times with archival ink.  I allowed the ink to dry and then colored in the butterflies using various colors.  Using a simple paint brush and some water, I then painted over the colored butterflies, and voila, a water-colored image.

I cut out my butterflies and attached them to my card base with pop dots, then stamped the sentiment and added some twine.  I love the different variations of color in the butterflies, with very little effort. 


We carry several different color families at the store that would be beautiful in a wide variety of stamped images. These are so simple to use, even I can do it J  My kids were really intrigued by the process and loved watching the colors turn into a painted image.  I’ll be stamping lots of shapes for them this summer and letting them color and paint to their hearts delight.

Happy crafting
Rachael

No comments: