Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Design Team Wednesday: "Love" is in the Air!

This week's Scrapdoodles Design Team post is all about LOVE!  I believe in documenting the everyday kinds of love in my scrapbooks - not just the big events and milestones.  Come on into the store this week and find lots of inspiration for documenting the loves in your life.  This week I'm using two different "love" lines now available at the store - American Crafts (XOXO) and imaginisce (Love You More) and some really fun and versatile chipboard and acrylic accents from Maya Road.  The American Crafts and imaginsce lines went really well together so they are combined in my two layouts.  Lately, I've been experimenting with misting and when I saw the days of the week chipboard accents from Maya Road (which, by the way, are on SALE this week and next!) I immediately saw the page in my head.  I simply laid out the chipboard on a full sheet of 12x12 paper in a sunburst pattern and used my Tattered Angels Mist (Red Velvet) to cover it.  The mist dries fairly quickly, so I didn't have to wait long to pick up my chipboard and admire the negative left on the page.  I added several strips of patterned paper from the paper collections behind my photo to create a "mat" for it.  I also added a clear acrylic heart (Maya Road accents - on sale, too!!!) to my page.  I adhered tiny gems around it to emphasize its shape.  There are also several accents around the page that were cut from the patterned papers.  I finished it off with a couple of sentiment stamps (MME).

My second layout is similar in theme, but I really wanted to use the actual chipboard shapes this time.  I love how the mist covers the chipboard so nicely!  I adhered them to my page using glue dots.  For this page I also added another masking and misting feature, this time using another one of the clear acrylic elements from Maya Road (love).  I also did a little bit more heavy dripping techniques on this page, which I really like.  The hexagon patterned paper from imaginisce is awesome.  Here I cut out a few pieces and arranged them diagonally behind my square photo.  For extra dimension, I wrapped twine around the photo and mats.  The strip at the bottom of the page is also imaginisce and is sewn down at the bottom edge.  I hope you're able to come into the store to see these two layouts!  The misting was new to me and I really love that it's so forgiving in terms of technique - I hope you'll try it.  There are a lot of possibilities.  Did I mention that Maya Road Chipboard is on sale?

More details:

Speaking of Maya Road chipboard, we've been pinning lots of ideas for you to try.  If you don't yet follow us on Pinterest, please do - you'll find all kinds of inspiration there.  Check out some of the Maya Road chipboard ideas HERE and then come into the store and take advantage of the sale - all Maya Road Key Chains & Coasters Buy One Get One FREE! (of equal or lesser value).

And one last project for you that was so easy to put together!  Scrapdoodles has these cute clear acrylic pillow boxes in several sizes.  All you need is a little patterned paper and embellishments to create some super cute Valentines!  Stop by and see my cute version - but don't eat my m&ms!  Then find some cute love papers and craft up your own version to give to your sweetie!
Happy Crafting! ~Karen

No comments: