Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Design Team Wednesday

With all the cold weather lately, I have gotten into the winter spirit.  Plus Authentique created this beautiful collection Peaceful, that inspired me! The collection is so me, very shabby chic!!! The colors are neutral: beige, cream, black and a just a little green.  The possibilities are endless with the colors being neutral.


My first project was a mini album.  I used my Cameo to cut out the pages and the snow flakes. I embellished the snow flakes with Stickles Crystal glitter and Stampendous's Shaved Ice.  Now let me warn you about the Shaved Ice...it's not for those of you who are neat freaks! I have shaved ice all over my house right now and probably will until after the holidays. LOL!  I used the sticker sheet from the paper collection, some chipboard and foam tape to make little embellishments.


My next project was super fun!! I took a wooden sled, painted, inked and junked it up! I love altering wood objects, in case you haven't noticed yet with all my projects.  You really need to come by the store to see the sled up close. I don't think the pictures do it justice.  I used the Peaceful collection again, Stampendous's Shaved Ice and Shabby Chic Embossing Enamel.  I used the Cameo to cut out the letters. Next, I used the embossing enamel on them and finally to add some color and weathered look I inked with Fire Brick Distressing Ink.  I took off the boring rope at the front of the sled and replaced it with the really cute green ribbon from Webster's Pages.  I love Webster's Pages ribbon!! You can say I have an addiction to it.  Just ask the girls at the store. I have to have it all when it comes in so you better buy some before I hoard it all. :)



My final project is a layout. I used all the products above and used some more YUMMY Webster's  Pages Cream Lace.  This lace is absolutely beautiful!!! You only need to add a little to any project to add the extra elegance and shabby look.


I know we may all not be super excited about snow, but I hope I have inspired you with this beautiful collection from Authenique to create something wintery beautiful.

~Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday~

~Tiffany

No comments: