Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Design Team Wednesday..... Heidi Swapp

I created this shadow box using the new Heidi Swapp papers available in the store now.


I was instantly drawn to the colors and versatility of this paper. The colors are rich
and vibrant. I used an Altered Art Matchbook Box from Graphic 45 and covered it with
Heidi Swapp papers. I cut out the flower using my silhouette. The broach on the paper flower is a Couture Accent. When making flowers, make sure that you add lots of layers and use an embossing tool to get depth.


I layered the inside with a cut from the silhoutte and also popped up the pictures and the clock.
I also created the tag below using the Heidi Swapp papers.


One of my favorite things to do in scrapbooking is stacking and creating textures.  I do this alot by adding fabric to my projects and pages. I usually use sheer fabrics so that you can still see the paper beneath. To use fabric in your scrapbooking, I just use an aerosol spray glue and spray the fabric. I use a brayer to
place the fabric on the paper. If you make a mistake, it is easy to just pull the fabric up and replace it without spraying it again. I don't always put my fabric down perfectly because I like the different textures that I get. After laying down the fabric on my tag, I sprayed it with perfect pearls. I love to print on fabric from my printer and fabric is also easily stamped. 

Hope you enjoy!!

--Carey

No comments: