Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Design Team Wednesday

I love fall! Every year we try to participate in fall festivities such as corn mazes, wagon rides, and pumpkin carving. A couple weeks ago we got to enjoy some fall activities at Temple Hall Farm. I wanted to highlight some of those pictures using the fun "Acorn Hollow" paper collection from Little Yellow Bicycle. I used some stickers from the Echo Park "Fall Fever" collection to add some dimension. My favorite part of the page is probably the owl canvas tape from the Little Yellow Bicycle "Hello Fall" collection. I love owls and immediately fell in love with this tape at the store! The tag "It's Fall Ya'll" is from We Are Memory Keepers, and it fit me perfectly since I've lived in the south most of my life. :) Too add variety to the page, I used some leftover paper and made rolled paper flowers. These are really easy to make and can bring dimension to your layout and cards. To make them, I traced a circle that was a little bigger than what I wanted the flowers to be, cut within the circle near the edge until there was a tiny piece left, rolled it up and glued the bottom to the back of the flower. To tie everything together, I accented the bottom side of the page with American Craft Elements brads, and added some ribbon from my stash to the tag.


I wanted to use the leftover paper for some cute fall cards. I started with making a thank you card using a tag from We Are Memory Keepers. I love the colors on this tag! I used some ribbon from my stash to embellish it.

I used the rest of the paper and embellishments to make some fun fall note cards for friends and family. The canvas tape is also from the Little Yellow Bicycle "Hello Fall" collection.


I got some stick pins from the Little Yellow Bicycle "Acorn Hollow" collection that I really wanted to use. I have never used stick pins before so this was a new challenge for me. I finally was able to incorporate them in one of my cards and have fallen in love with them!
I hope you all find inspiration to show off your fall pictures and make some fun cards. Stop by the store to see all the neat products and projects!

-Claudia

No comments: