Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Design Team Wednesday

Happy Independence Day!!!  It's been a crazy week around the area with so many extended power outages.  I hope everyone is back up to full power soon!  Hopefully, you are also enjoying a day off to celebrate America's Independence day.

A couple weeks ago I was lucky enough to attend Jenni Bowlin's mini album class at Scrapdoodles.  She's as sweet as can be and her products are wonderfully vintage inspired, but always fresh and versatile.  I was surprised at the generous class kit.  We went home with lots of extra pieces and even stamp sets.  For today's post, I am sharing a few things I made with the "leftovers" from class.

For this layout, I stamped dots (thank you, for the awesome stamp, Jenni!) on the bottom of my trimmed red cardstock and mounted it onto a black sheet of cardstock.  Everything else, save a couple of black buttons, is pieces left over from Jenni's class kit.  I even used a bit of the packaging (can you guess what?).

I also used some packaging to create the front and back covers for this little notebook that I filled with lined paper and bound with my Cinch.  It will be handy to stick in my purse for when a new idea strikes ;).

I'm pretty sure I'll be using that dotted foam stamp quite a bit!  Such a fun and easy way to add a bit of texture or liven up plain cardstock.  I used it again, this time with white ink, on this card I made with more kit scraps.  Jenni showed us how to make a quick pinwheel for our class project, so I made another for this cute card.  One of the great features of Jenni Bowlin's products is how they separately are very eclectic, but when brought together on a layout or card or any project, they always seem to "go".  So, next time you're in the store, find the Jenni Bowlin stuff (the girls will show you where) and pick out a few favorite pieces.  No matter what you go home with, you'll definitely be inspired for your next project.

No comments: