Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

More Design Team Wednesday: Summer Activity Bucket

It's hard to believe it's the middle of May already and summer is just around the corner!  Kids will soon be out of school and lots of summer activity lists have been popping all over the web and Pinterest.  I love the idea of having a list of activities to choose from throughout the summer, so even though my little one isn't even in school yet, I'm jumping on the bandwagon.  I picked out these sweet summery papers from Nikki Sivils' "Exit Here" collection - bright and sunny colors and fun patterns.  The themes fit for summer travels or backyard "staycations."  The sheet of coordinating die cuts is perfect for little projects like my Summer Activities Bucket. 
If you want to make your own, start a suitable container (mine was an empty baby formula bucket) and recover it with paper and embellishments.  I covered two dowel rods with papers and strung a length of twine across to create the banner.  The dowels are stuck in a piece of floral foam inside the container.  Layer on more embellishments and load it with lots of summer activity ideas.  My activities are mostly geared toward my young daughter.  There are over 50 ideas and I've listed them all on my blog, HERE, if you are interested in them.  Feel free to print and use mine and add to it with your own ideas, ideas from your kids, and lots more you can find around the web and Pinterest.  Get prepared for a very creative, fun summer!


No comments: