Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Design Team Wednesday: Cyndi

I am a big fan of 6x6 paper pads. It's a way to get all of the papers in a collection without breaking the bank, and they are so versatile. All three of my projects today feature 6x6 papers from My Minds' Eye's Follow Your Heart line. Just in time to get it in the mail, I created this card for my mom. The card itself is made from Bazzill Bling cardstock, which is shimmery and pretty in person.
Products used: Bazzill Bling cardstock, My Minds' Eye patterned paper and brad, Silhouette, Martha Stewart doily, Doodlebug twine

One challenge of using 6x6 papers might be creating a 12-inch border, but I pieced together two strips to do just that on this next page. The text block underneath the big tag is cut from a sheet of Tim Holtz' kraft resist cardstock, which is really fun to work with.
Products used: Heidi Swapp resist cardstock, My Minds' Eye patterned paper and brads, Pink Paislee wooden alphas, October Afternoon stickers, Tim Holtz resist cardstock, Mister Huey's and Glimmer Mist

The title treatment on this next layout was inspired by a digital kit I saw on Pinterest. I cut strips from the 6x6 paper to make faux washi tape to layer under the negative space of the cut-out word, and repeated the strips on the opposite page for balance.

Products used: My Minds' Eye patterned papers, Silhouette, Kaisercraft wooden Eiffel Tower, Studio Calico bow clip, Doodlebug alpha stickers

No comments: