Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Design Wednesday Project One

Hi Ladies! 
I was so inspired with this project.  I have been wanting to make a gift for my daughter with advice for life.  What better way than a recipe box!!! All the ingredients to have a successful life (hopefully)! 

I used a wooden recipe box that I had bought a while ago.  I painted the inside and out. The paper collection I used was Teresa Collin's Fabrications.  I love this paper because of the colors, texture and that it is double sided.  I trimmed all the paper enough so that you could see about a quarter of inch of the painted part of the box.  I used Ranger's Glue and Seal to adhere the paper. I inked all the edges with Tim Holtz's Distressing Ink (you guys know how much I like to distress!!)  I used Kaisercraft paper flowers for the top and inside. I also used some new trinkets from Tim Holtz (metal corners).

Now for the letters and the cards themselves, I used my brand new Cameo!!!! Can I just say how excited I am about this machine!!! It can do so many different types of projects that my head is spinning with ideas.  So you know you will see in my future projects a lot of the Cameo once I have mastered it.

Come by the store to see this project and get inspired.  It would be a great gift for a special woman or girl in your life.  You could give the gift to your mom or grandmother and ask them to write advice to you.  Or give it to your daughter, niece, or granddaughter filled with wonderful advice.

I hope I have inspired you this week.

~ Tiffany

No comments: