Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Design Team Wednesday

Happy Wednesday blogworld!  Nikki here, and it is my turn to share some projects with you.  Sometimes less is more, and in the card making world, we call that clean and simple, or CAS for short.  Today my cards are just that!

My first card features an adorable stamp set from Unity.  I masked the little birdies before I stamped the sentiment to make it appear as if they were "in the words".   They are actually two separate stamps.  I added some extra color to the velvet flower by coloring the edges using two of the same Copics I colored the bird image with.  It was already yellow, but I wanted it to pick up a little of the darker yellows in the birdie.
Ingredients: Stamps: Unity(Happy Chick Birthday); Copics: BV01, R83, YG25, Y02, Y18, YR12; YR82; Cardstock: White, Black; Designer Papers: Little Yellow Bicycle (Tiny Princess collection); Accessories: Maya Road (Velvet Stitched Blossoms), Dies (Scallop Circle, Circle), Scallop Edge Punch.

My next two projects feature the super cute Blast Off collection from BoBunny, and I didn't stamp a thing on them!  First up is a simple pop-up card (tutorial on my blog).  The image on the front is actually two stickers that I stacked.  The bottom layer is a cardstock sticker from the collection, and there was a rocket image on it already, but it was a different one.  I applied the dimensional one on top of the original for some pop!


Ingredients: Cardstock: Bazzill Basics (White, Red); Designer Papers: BoBunny (Blast Off); Stickers: BoBunny (Blast Off Dimensionals, Blast Off Cardstock)

My last project is a tag to go with the 'You Rocket' card, and features the same ingredients.  I made the grass with a Martha Stewart Punch and some scrap green patterned paper from my stash.
Have a great day!!

5 comments:

Cyndi said...

Way too cute, Nikki! And you do such a great job photographing your projects. I need a class LOL.

Cheryl said...

So cute!!! And yes, you need to teach us how to photograph our projects! LOL

Karen Hunter said...

what fun projects!

Nikki Tanner (NCSUnikki) said...

Thanks ladies! The secret to project photos....is a light box :) And you can actually make one pretty easily I think!

Nikki Tanner (NCSUnikki) said...

Thanks ladies! The secret to project photos....is a light box :) And you can actually make one pretty easily I think!