Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Design Team Wednesday

I cannot tell a lie--I have been doing a lot of scraplifting recently. There is so much amazing talent out in the scrapbooking world, it's hard not to be inspired, especially by the manufacturers' design teams. I often find that my pages don't end up resembling the original much, but I appreciate the jump start I got from another scrapper's beautiful work.

This first layout was inspired by Jen Jockisch, who designs for Studio Calico. My page turned out to be much more linear than hers, but I loved the overall design.


Products used: October Afternoon patterned paper and label sticker, My Minds' Eye Lime Twist patterned paper and cardstock stickers, Silhouette SD and Silhouette adhesive cardstock

This next one was inspired by Jamie Warren designing for October Afternoon. There's only the slightest similarities between the original layout and mine, but it helped me to incorporate a busy patterned paper that I liked but wasn't sure how to use.


Products used: October Afternoon Boarding Pass patterned papers, label sticker, and chipboard sticker, QuickKutz/Lifestyle Crafts label die, Silhouette SD

And a little die-cutting tip from that layout: I cut the label, label outline, and heart from the same scrap of white cardstock, and sprayed the heart and outline red with October Afternoon's Sprinklers. This prevented me from wasting a sheet of red cardstock for those small pieces.

1 comment:

Karen Hunter said...

Love your layouts!