Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Design Team Wednesday with Yvonne & G45 Couture

Hello my Scrappy Friends!
I'm so excited to share several projects with you today since we're all snowed in! They all feature the beautiful and vibrant Couture Designer Paper Collection from Graphic 45.

Isn't it just glorious, and of course these pics do not do these papers any justice.  You really have to see and feel them in person, not gonna lie ladies... I even love the smell of it! Hahaha!

Anyhoo, the first project is a home decor item that I altered. It's a little box with drawers that contained soap, however I repurposed it.  I think it would be more practical to use as a small jewelry box.
I pulled out the drawers and removed the fancy crystal pulls, and painted it all with black Gesso.  The Studio Gesso provided excellent coverage, and you can pick some up in either black or white at the store.  Once it dried, I glued some paper from the collection on each side, and embellished it with some of the collection's ephemera, which I adhered with 3D Foam Squares for extra dimension. The collection is so stunning, it really makes it very easy to create beautiful projects.
I also created a matching tag, both items are on display at Scrapdoodles.  I hope you can stop by and be inspired to alter an old piece of home decor... you might be surprised how much fun it is to make something old new again!  And you'll be happy to know that you can find all the tools you'll need to give repurposing a try at our favorite little shop!!!

The last project I have to share is a set of Prima Doll Tags,  and they really showcase the paper collection very well!  


Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you'll get a chance to visit us at the store, and check out the awesome selection of products as well as the sample pieces the Design Team has prepared for your viewing enjoyment! 
Best Regards,
Yvonne






4 comments:

Unknown said...

Those tags are just toooooo adorable and the little drawar box you repurposed is cute. You are so very talented.

Unknown said...

Your doll tags are just tooooo adorable and your little repurposed drawer box is too cute. I love them. You are so talented

Marcy said...

love the projects and G45.

reneabouquets said...

Yvonne, your work is always so gorgeous and these projects with the Couture line are no exception!