Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Design Team Wednesday - Studio Calico Storytime with Suzanna

Suzanna here to share with you an oldie but a goodie; Studio Calico's Storytime collection. It's not that old really, it was released at Summer CHA 2013. That's only a season ago! To tell you the truth, I sighed (rather heavily at that) when Cheryl told me what she wanted me to create with this month. My kids aren't babies anymore, this is going to be a challenge! And, I'll be honest, I prefer "current" collections. Especially with all the Winter CHA goodies waiting to be added to my ever expanding stash! Now, on the other side of creating, I am thrilled! Let me show you why!

Just because the embellishments and theme are baby, doesn't mean you have to create baby!!  This is my baby, my youngest, but not a babe in arms. She looks right at home with this collection; pout, sulk, tantrum and all!! I used the clouds as the theme of this layout and it suits it just fine! I added a few extra clouds using a The Crafters Workshop template and some mist. The picture was actually more vibrant than it is here; I toned it down in PhotoShop so it wouldn't stand out like a sore thumb amidst the more subdued color palates of the collection.
Yup, this is a baby layout. This baby is my now 11 year old!! He was born in the electronic"dark ages", before we owned a digital camera. Back when you conserved your film because it was expensive to print and you had to print everything before you knew what it looked like. I was a scrapbook "hoarder" back then and honestly haven't reached that far back in time. It was a pleasure to relive those memories and get some of the younger him scrapped!
Last, but not least, a card!! Those of you who know me are probably trying to pick your jaw up off the ground right about now. Yes, I made a card of my own will! I had a lot of the sticker embellishments left over and really wanted to use them up. This was a quick and easy card based on a format that I've used before. The most tedious part was lining all the letters up to stamp my sentiment and it truly wasn't that bad.

Detail shots and a card sketch based on the above card are available on my blog, you can find it HERE. If you like what you see, be sure to visit the store and grab it while you can! This collection is back in the baby section, on the same wall as the register. If you can't find it, be sure to ask one of the ladies, they are always there to help you!

Just a heads up that, living in Richmond, my layouts and card will not be at the store until Saturday if you are heading there in search of them! Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause!

No comments: