Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Design Team Wednesday: Storytime with Karen

Have you seen the adorable Storytime collection by We R Memory Keepers? You can see the whole collection here and of course at the store.  It's full of fun little characters and images from your favorite childhood stories and fairy tales. When I first saw the collection, I immediately thought of library trips and reading stories with my young daughter.  We love to read together and while not everything we read is a "fairy tale", this paper just speaks to the special kind of imagination that is discovered only through reading books.  When I started going through my photos I found these two sweet pics of our girl "reading" (she's 3 here and not yet reading on her own) Peter Rabbit to her stuffed Peter Rabbit toy. 
 I just love the little story characters featured on the paper, and couldn't help fussy cutting around the wolf so that he could hang a paw over the storytime die cut title.   
This trio of cards was featured over at the We R Memory Keepers blog recently and you can find my instructions there to recreate your very own set with this adorable collection of papers and embellishments. All I added was a few bits of twine and buttons to complete these cards.


Lastly, I created a cute wall or door hanger.  I started with a chipboard star covered in the orange patterned paper from the collection and one of the large die cuts attached to the back.  A ribbon hanging down features some of the little storybooks cut from the paper and another die cut at the bottom.  On the star I folded a strip of paper to mimic a ribbon and adhered the die cut letters.  Now it's all ready to hang up whenever we need a little storytime break!  






No comments: