Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

New Graphic 45 French Country

Graphic 45 makes my favorite paper. When they released this new line, I ran immediately to
Scrapdoodles to pick it up. I was excited to find that they released more than the usual
paper and chipboard embellishments. They also added some thick stock tags and flowers.
Just looking at this paper (see it online here) inspired me to create this
mixed media album. The paper has so many intricate designs to allow for
all kinds of creativity. I was able to use art textures, fabric, beads, ribbons,
and pearl embelishments that fit perfectly with this line.
This book is at Scrapdoodles now if you want to stop
by and check it out for yourself!!
I used a lot of intricate cutting for this. Use a blade or a small pair of sissors when
cutting out the rooster. I glued it down to a thin piece of chipboard/cardboard
and then popped it up. The sunfowers were completed with art textures and
gold stickles.
I created page 3 by using a thick fiber. I ran a piece of chipboard along
the side for reinforcement when putting the album on rings.
The banner at the top of page 3 is an example of the tags that go along
with the line and the flower on page 2 is also part of the line.


These are probably my favorite pages in this album. I was able to use
fabric and ribbon. The raised cutout page 7 opens to and the envelope
was cut out using my Sihouette.

Pages 7 and 8 are made from a 12 by 12 kraft envelope.

Page 10 was created by placing a 12 by 12 piece of cork onto a piece of chipboard. I cut out some of the sunflowers from extra paper and used the art textures. Be careful where you cut because the rest of the flower are used on the next page.

This is the back cover of the book.
Hope you enjoy this book as much as I enjoyed creating it!!!
Carey

No comments: