Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Design Team Wednesday

Last week my family and I took a trip to Walt Disney World.  While there I took almost 1000 photos. I kid you not! I was very excited to begin scrapbooking these photos so while I was in Scrapdoodles I began looking around to find the perfect paper.  Most people tend to fall back on the standard Mickey and Minnie Mouse paper that is mostly red, black and white.  But my photos had too much color for those papers and I really wanted to branch out on how I scrapbooked these photos. So when I came across the Jenni Bowlin "Modern Mercantile" line I immediately knew I found a winner.  The colors are soft yet bright at the same time, a mix of yellows, greens, and blues.  I had two pictures pop in to my mind that I knew would be perfect for this paper line. 



My goal with these layouts was to show that you can make great layouts even with minimal embellishments. I always find paper to be a great embellishment, especially pieces that allow you to cut them apart. For this layout one of the paper pieces were rows of squares.  I cut each of the squares out and used them to build dimension on my layout.  In this photo (that I love of my husband and daughter) they are riding the Teacups at Magic Kingdom so I used yellow Thickers to highlight that. The solid paper is Bazzil. The rhinestone brads at the bottom are American Crafts. 


I wanted my second layout to complement the first one so I cut apart another sheet of Modern Mercantile paper and used them at the bottom of the page as an accent. I used a scalloped piece of cardstock because it reminded me of the scalloped shell that Ariel was sitting in when we met her. Here is how the layouts look side by side:


After cutting the paper apart I realized I had a bit left over so I whipped up a quick card using all of my leftovers.


I love the flowers in the line and I really love how the teal and yellow look together. The bright yellow gives me a feeling of happiness and hopefulness which is why I used the Thickers to spell out Hope. 

I hope these layouts give you inspiration to step outside the box when creating your next Disney scrapbook!







No comments: