Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Design Team Wednesday

Hi Everyone! With Christmas right around the corner the days are much shorter, the nights are much cooler and the possibility of snow is on the horizon.  When I saw the We Are Memory Keepers "Frost" line I just knew it would be a great way to welcome in winter. One of the things I love about this line are the vibrant colors.  A lot of winter lines tend to be a bit dull, using mostly shades of blues and grays.  But the Frost line has a gorgeous blend of blues, grays, and greens. The first project I made was a paper wreath.  I used four 12x12 sheets of paper from the Frost line.  Another thing I love is this paper is double sided so I was able to get a lot of paper choices from my paper strips.  Here is the finished product:

All of the pattern paper is from the Frost line.  The "Winter Time" embellishment is from the Frost line as well. I pulled the center together using a piece of Bazzill ribbon and a piece of blue Bazzill cardstock. 
I just love how these simple loops of paper can make such a fun decorative wreath.  The paper tabs are attached using hot glue and a Styrofoam wreath. I couldn't believe how easy this was to make and fun too!

My second project was a coordinating layout.  My daughter was born in the winter months and I loved that this paper was neither masculine nor feminine.  It really could go with either gender. 
This is a photo of my dear daughter bundled up in her winter sleep sack and cozy little hat.  The pattern paper is from the Frost line and the cute polar bears at the bottom are from Queen and Co. The pom pom ribbon is from Maya Roads.  I used a fun piece of glitter cardstock to really tie in the idea of winter. I also used glitter letters from my stash for the title. Here are a few more close up pictures!


I hope you enjoyed my projects and are looking forward to a peaceful winter full of that powdery, snowy goodness! Happy Scrappin!




1 comment:

Dani said...

LOVE this wreath project! I want to make one now, for every season! It's so pretty and unique. I also love how it matches your layout... the polar bears and pom poms are my fave!