Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Design Team Wednesday

Hey everyone! I can't believe that Christmas is just around the corner. Somehow I'm still stuck in fall mode, but I definitely started getting in the Christmas spirit while making my projects this week! I found a picture of my husband and I at my in-law's house a couple years ago for Christmas. This was a very special Christmas for us because we were able to have both my family and his family together for Christmas dinner. For my layout, I wanted to mix and match different paper styles to create a unique combination. I used Jenni Bowlin's "Christmas 2012" paper, which had a nice vintage look to it, as the background and combined it with Echo Park's "Very Merry Christmas" paper, a very fun and modern paper collection. I used my die cut to create the cute design on the bottom of the red paper, and I laced green and white twine through to give it more dimension. I added ribbon from American Craft's "Holiday Ribbon" between the two center papers to give a nice "page break."  To accent the page, I decided to make paper ornaments. Using my die cut, I cut out different sized circles and embellished them with Stickles and glitter from my stash. I used dimensionals to make them pop, attached them with twine, and "hung" them with a brad. The stars are actually from a chipboard tree set that I got at the store. One of the trees had stars on it, so I punched them out and colored over them with red, green, and gold colored pencils. The sentiment "Joy" is from Echo Park's "Christmas This and That" chipboard set. Here's some pictures of the layout.


Here's a close up of the paper and one of the ornaments.


When I was at the store, I saw the chipboard tree set and just had to buy it! I had been debating on what to do them, and I finally decided to make napkin holders with them. Since this time of year usually consists of many dinners and parties, I thought that this would be an easy way to embellish a dinner table. With my leftover paper, I covered the trees both front and back, embellished the center with the Echo Park chipboard sentiments, and added ribbon from my stash to the top. For the "rings,", I used 2 inch wooden rings and wrapped them ribbon. I hot glued them to the back of my tree, and VOILA! I had 4 cute napkin holders. This is so easy to make, and they really turn out nice.



Here's a close up of one:


This is how the back looks like:

For a better look, stop by the store and check them out along with the layout. Happy Crafting!

-Claudia 

No comments: