Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Employee Favorite Product of the Month!


I’ve been scrapbooking for a few years, but must admit that I haven’t really stretched my creative muscles very much. In the past few months I’ve been learning about some amazing techniques and products from our talented customers and my fellow employees! My new favorite product is Glossy Accents. It is a clear, three-dimensional gloss medium. You can use it for various projects; scrapbook pages, stamped images, and home décor, just to name a few.


A few weeks ago, one of our customers mentioned a project that she was working on. I loved the idea so much that I decided to give it a try with my six year old daughter. She is in love with dinosaurs, and has a growing affection for jewelry. It’s not that easy to find dinosaur jewelry, let me tell you, so we decided to make our own.

I purchased a Creative Imaginations bracelet and some Glossy Accents from Scrapdoodles. We used some dinosaur paper we had left from her birthday party and some Modge Podge. We cut the paper to correspond to the size of each link in the bracelet, and used the Modge Podge to adhere the paper to the bracelet. We placed three coats of Modge Podge on each link, allowing time to dry between each coat. When the links had dried we applied the finishing touch, Glossy Accents. We applied a thick coat to one side of the links with a nylon brush and let it dry overnight. Then we repeated this step on the opposite side the next day. We were thrilled with the results.

The bracelet has a few flaws, but it is perfect in the eyes of my daughter who was able to customize her jewelry, and help make it. The Glossy Accents really make it shine, and they will help protect the bracelet, even in the midst of a dinosaur dig!


Please come into the store and check out this bracelet and some of the other beautiful examples of how you can use Glossy Accents to brighten up your scrapbook layouts, cards, and crafts.

Happy crafting!
Rachael


 

No comments: