Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Design Team Wednesday

It's that time of year to start shopping for school clothes and supplies.  I had the cutest idea when I saw the wooden box in a local craft store. I wanted to create a cute box that the kids could take their school supplies in!

For the first project I painted the box, with acrylic paints to match the Imaginisce school paper.  Next, I used Vintage Photo Distressing Ink to age the sides of the box.  I wanted to create custom charms so I used Tim Holtz's Token charms and Fragments.  The techniques I used to make them can be found in Tim Holtz's book A Compendium of Curiosities Book I.  There are so many cool techniques in both his books.  It's helpful for when you get caught in a rut.

I made a little card to give to the teacher on the first day.  It's a nice gesture to introduce yourself and your child.  Also gives you and opportunity to let her know what you can do to help in the classroom.  The stack of pencils is a cute little gift to give to her.


My next project was a layout for school pictures.  I used Pink Paislee's Old School paper and doodads.  I made my own embellishments using the Silhouette Cameo to create the gears.  I inked some, stickles some and embossed others.

I hope I have inspired you to create something beautiful and fun!!!
~Tiffany

No comments: