Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Design Team Wednesday

Happy Wednesday and Hello, to all you creative people out there in blogland.  
Lisa here to share a project I just finished and totally love.  Have you all seen the Basic Grey "Samplers" design boards??? OMGosh... so cool. They are printed canvases that have been stretched and ready for your imagination. Why didn't I think of this? 

On the sample of the "Sampler" I made, I went a bit too crazy with my Glimmer Mists and Glimmer Glams. So much so I thought I might have destroyed it. But I discovered something cool. I took my canvas to the kitchen sink and with the assistance of some "Dawn" dishwashing soap I washed off some of that color. After rinsing my canvas, it was totally soaked. So outside into the sun it went to dry. What an awesome "worn" antique finish it ended up having. Nice and faded... the way I wanted it to look when I started. Using several shades of Glimmer Glam (and even some Chalkboard paint from Tattered Angels) and a small paintbrush I added some darker color to the printed design areas. Then I broke out the silver Sharpie paint pen to color in all the "viney" area.




Being a fan of all things "vintage," I have a collection of old, grey mother of pearl buttons. Love them... and I knew they were just the right size to be featured on the "Sampler." Of course, knowing me and my desire to want to keep adding more and more texture and depth, I had to cut some circles to layer under those buttons. I used a mix with some of Prima Marketing's "Almanac" collection and some of Kaisercraft's "Tigerlily" collection. The butterflies are cut out from the two collections of papers as well. All together I love the look of this "Sampler" as it hangs on the wall in my bedroom.

As always, I hope this has inspired you to try something new... and to realize even if you think you've gone TOO far and ruined something.  That there are "No mistakes in art, just opportunities to embellish." Until next time... Keep creating!!

No comments: