Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011


Hey Everyone!
Lisa here... with some ideas for using your TENSeconds Studio metal, molds and tools. You've seen my layouts and some 3-D art. But what about using metal on cards and art journal pages. Well, I've been working on my art journal lately and here are a few examples of how you can add metal to those pages.

The first page shows the rose mold embossed on "Hot Pink Diamonds" and a green metal. The roses and leaves were cut out separately and attached together using a humungo tape sheet. The background technique is created on Claudine Helluth's sticky back canvas using gel medium and a stencil. Once the gel is dry you can add a Ranger colorwash to finish the look.

The next page sample is done using a butterfly mask and Glimmer Mists from Tattered Angels.
Once that was dry I added black pen detailing around the image of the butterfly. Flowers from the daisy mold were embossed on "Peacock" metal and individually cut out. Metal flowers were added along with some other die cut flowers to finish decorating the page.


The third sample shows flowers with metal stems. The design was created by placing die cut flowers on the blank page and then misting over them with blue and green Glimmer Mists. Once the mists are dry you can remove the die cut flower pieces, to reveal the white underneath. Did you know you can use a paintbrush to add Glimmer Mists?? Well, that's just what I did. I "colored" in the flowers with a variety of mists. Once dry, I added the details with a black pen and the metal stems.

Okay, now for the card... I needed a wedding card and I had a bunch of scraps on my desk (including a piece of metal and some embossed cardstock), so here's what I made. I used "Periwinkle" metal and embossed the harlequin mold and one of the mini mold designs. I sanded the diamond pattern so that the color was only in the debossed areas. I added some sequins and bling to those areas. Each layer of the cake is different, alternating between metal and embossed papers. I finished the card by adding some bits of ribbon.

I hope these samples inspire you to go "metalize" something.

No comments: