Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

Design Team Projects

I'm a couple of days late for Design Team Wednesday, but I come bearing three fresh projects. The store is jam packed with great new products...it's so inspiring that you might even see another project from me this weekend. First up is a layout using the Lost & Found 2 collection from My Minds' Eye. All of the Lost & Found lines are so beautiful and fancy that I run the risk of hoarding them; saving them for that perfect photo that never comes along. This page features three fairly unflattering self-portraits my daughter and I took on a recent trip to New York. The photos themselves aren't amazing but the memories are, and that makes them worthy of this gorgeous paper and embellishments. The little line of stitching was done using the We R Memory Keepers SewEasy tool and threads.


Now that my kids are teenagers, I don't get any cute costumed Halloween photos to scrapbook, so my Halloween creativity goes into home decor projects like this banner made from the adorable Mischievous line, also coincidentally by My Minds' Eye. I adore every pattern on both sides of this line, and it fits perfectly with my decorating style. The alphabet stickers are American Crafts Thickers. (I just realized that I made the nesting boxes in the photo in 2008, with that year's My Minds' Eye Halloween line. I'm sensing a theme.)


Am I alone in thinking of my layouts in two different categories? As much as I would like for my "event" pages to be as artsy as the single-photo pages, it often just doesn't work. That doesn't mean that I like the simpler pages any less, though. The Apple Cheddar Soup line from Jillibean Soup was perfect for these fall pictures, even in small quantities. The background block for the title was created using the Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection from Core'dinations that I embossed with my Epic Six and sanded (click the photo to see it bigger). I'm a big fan of kraft in general, and this cardstock is really fun to play with. I also love that the paper packs come in two sizes.

Thanks for hanging out with me on Friday night!

No comments: