Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Design Team Wednesday - Bella Blvd!

Hi Everyone! It's Karen here for Design Team Wednesday and I have some super fun layouts to share with you!  Bella Blvd is moving up as one of my favorite lines with their recent releases.  Whether you enjoy scrapbooking, cardmaking, or general paper crafting, you'll want to check out these new lines: Snapshots, Daily Chevies, and Playdate.  I just saw that they also released their Halloween line (oh the owls!) and it's already at the store.  Check out their summer release catalog for more inspiration and then hop on into the store to get your hands on these fun collections!  They are sure to inspire creativity.

Today, I'm sharing 3 layouts I created with the Snapshots line - I love the playful elements in this line, especially the doodling and the cameras.  The little camera icons in the papers are too cute and I couldn't wait to get them home from the store to play with them.  For this first layout I layered lots of elements creating a bit of a playful and colorful design.  It's actually a bit on the busy side for my usual style, but I couldn't stop adding elements - too much fun!  Several pieces were cut from the sheet of border strips.  The doodle card was also from a full 12x12 sheet of project life style cards and I colored in some of the doodles using my watercolor pencils. Another fun element on my layout is simply turning over one corner - see it in the upper right - and using that area for another cluster of embellishments.
Below my photo, I cut a row of cameras and then fussy cut a few of them to pop off the page using foam dots.  This is another fun technique to try on your next layout.

I really like the use of black alongside the bright colors - and for my next layout I emphasized the lime green and offset it with some of those black elements. 
 Again, I had fun playing with some of those cute cameras!
By this time I was running out of papers- I had only picked up 4 sheets plus some die cuts and stickers (have to go back for more, oh darn), but had enough to pull this last layout together.  I think the fun papers are perfect for this fun and silly photo of my husband and me.
I hope you've been inspired to check out this line and more from Bella Blvd.  You won't be disappointed and I can't wait to see what you create!  See you at Scrapdoodles ~ Karen

No comments: