Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Design Team Wednesday

It's that time of year when the kids are back into their school activities. This month I was inspired my daughter, Keni, and her dancing.

Now, I have to warn you this is not for the crafter that does not want to get messy because you are going to with the products I used!!! American Craft and T!m Holtz have come out with some great products to make your projects sparkle!

For the first project I used my Cameo to cut out the ballerina figures.  I used Silhouette's double-sided adhesive sheets for the images, put them down on white card stock,  and then I sprinkled American Crafts WOW!! Glitter (black).  I placed the images in dollar frames that I painted black.  I hot glued the ribbon to them. Now Keni has something for her room!

For the next project, I used my Cameo again to cut out the ballet shoes onto white card stock. Next, I used American Crafts's SPARK! Tinsel (cotton candy) to cover the shoes. I adhered ballet pattern paper from Creative Imaginations to the back of a shadow box. Then I placed the shoes on black card stock and adhered it to the ballet paper. I added a bow another home decor project done!!

For my final project, I used the Cameo to cut out the scalloped edge on black card stock. I also used it to cut the frame for the picture, the label below the picture and the ballerina.  I can't begin to tell you  how in love I am with my Cameo!!! It is the best Mother's Day present I ever got.  Christmas is coming maybe you should start hinting now to the hubby, kids, and family!!!

 I got super excited for a moment there :) Back to the project.....of course I could not just cut out the ballerina and sick her on the layout. I had to ink her with Distressing Ink and use T!m Holtz's new Distress Stickles dry glitter (clear rock candy). The pattern paper is from Creative Imaginations. The flowers are from Kaisercraft. The pearls are from Queen and Co. The number 3 is from T!m Holtz.

So there are my projects for the month! I will have glitter on me from now until after the holidays, but it is so much fun to get messy!!!

I hope I have inspired you to create this month.  I have more up my sleeve for the next few months. Ideas are screaming in my head to get out!!! I can't wait to show you!

~Tiffany


No comments: