Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Design Team Wednesday

I have eclectic taste... and you know I like to mix and match. Neither of these pieces of paper are very patriotic on their own but, paired up with the flag background in these pics it screams "All American." The blue paper is from Authentique and the red one and the "patches" are Little Yellow Bicycle.

Loved this line... from My Mind's Eye. This is a picture of my grandparents back in the 60's. They have definitely followed their hearts... they've been married for 60+ years. I love black and white photography, and thought the pops of color and the honeycomb pattern really worked well together.
                                    
More Mind's Eye papers... they are my absolute favorites. Again, I'm mixing in some other elements, some faux ribbon, hand-dyed using distress inks, and a cardstock sticker "loop" from Simple Stories.

Bo Bunny, My Mind's Eye and Crate Paper papers team up to create this layout featuring a piece of art from my fav artist, Anahata Katkin. Busy? Maybe but it reminds me of her artwork. If my layouts inspire you to try anything... mix it up. Pull out your papers and embellishments and go crazy.

Happy Creating... 'til next time.
Lisa

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Beautiful!!! Love the colors!!!

Cyndi said...

Gorgeous layouts, Lisa. My Minds Eye is a favorite of mine too!