Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Design Team Wednesday

Hi and happy Wednesday! I used some fun new Studio Calico products for my projects today. I got out the new Take Note and Abroad lines, some of the new Wood Veneer shapes, new Mister Huey's Color Mist colors, and some of the new stamps!

We'll start with a card.I used the Abroad 6x6 Paper Pack for this one. (I love the 6x6 packs for card making and Project Life!) I also used the Airmail stamp set and a Wood Veneer from the Transportation pack. Loving those teensy little cars, bicycles, planes, and boats in that set!


Next up is a card using the Wonderful World and Calico Border stamp sets along with a bunch of Mister Huey's mists. I stamped the butterflies in Distress Embossing Ink and embossed them with clear embossing powder and then sprayed over them with the mists so that the butterflies underneath resisted the ink. (here's a tip, if you need a specific color of mist - like purple - you can mix the colors together in a mini mister, i used Pretty Pink and Powder Blue to make my purple mist.)


My last card was really quick and simple but ended up being my favorite. The background is a paper from the Take Note 6x6 Paper Pack. I stamped the sentiment and world from the Wonderful World set and the arrow from Airmail. I topped the arrow off with a wood veneer arrow. Great graduation card.



My layout is really my favorite project from this batch. I used lots of bits and pieces from the Take Note Collection, some Wood Veneers, Mister Huey's Mists, and stamps from Weekdays, Please Note, and Hey Y'all. I added some splatter to the background by unscrewing the nozzles of the Mister Huey's and just flicking the ink around on paper. I added a little bit of stitching around the bottom right corner. (i admit, i had intended to stitch around the whole page, but my bobbin ran out of thread and I decided to just go with it!) The wood veneer shapes take chalk ink really well, that heart in the top right corner was inked up with some Prima chalk ink.


Thanks for stopping by and visiting! Have a great week :)

-Becky

No comments: