Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Design Team Wednesday

Happy Wednesday! I have 3 layouts to share with you today, all inspired by pretty papers and Pinterest.  The papers I used are from two different Teresa Collins collections and the layouts are "scraplifted" from layouts I first spotted on Pinterest.  (original links are on my blog).  This trip to Scrapdoodles, I stumbled upon these two awesome collections by Teresa Collins that I had somehow missed before: Fabrications (see the collection) and Spring Fling (see the collection).   The first layout is made with "Fabrications".  This paper almost feels like fabric- it's thick and fibrous.  It was fun to play with some distressing on the edges, giving your layouts a natural bit of dimension.  The colors - especially the blue and yellow - are so cheery and really pop when paired up with the neutrals. 

This next set of layouts is also made with Teresa Collins papers, her "Spring Fling" line.  The colors and patterns are bright and fun.  Again, I was inspired by layouts first seen on Pinterest.  This chevron pattern tutorial can be found here.  It was easy to piece together using small 1x3 inch strips.  I sewed and roughed up the edges a bit to add a little dimension.  It adds just the right pop of color while still keeping these cute photos of H. and daddy at the forefront.
As soon as I spotted this pleated circle I knew I wanted to try it out, too.  It's actually quite easy to do.  The original looks much more perfect than mine, but I'm good with that :)  Just pleat several strips of paper.  I used a bit of distress ink and then positioned them as I sewed (with my sewing machine) them directly onto the large scallop circle.  Then I just layered all kinds of die cuts (all from Teresa Collins' "Spring Fling"), some lace trim (October Afternoon) and a few gems to complete the look.
If you're reading this blog, then you probably are somewhat "addicted" to pretty papers like me.  I recommend you scratch that itch and head into Scrapdoodles.  :)  Ask the girls where to find the "good stuff" from Teresa Collins and pick out a few pretties to take home with you.  Then create something beautiful!  Happy Scrappin'!  ~Karen

2 comments:

Cyndi said...

These are all beautiful, Karen. That last photo is adorable.

Unknown said...

Love all your layouts Karen and the fun TC papers you used!!