Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

Fancy Folds Class

Hi! My name is Pat. Some of you might recognize me from the store. This will be my first class and I am so excited. This is also my first time blogging, so bear with me. I am really a technique junkie. I spend most of my time learning new techniques with our store products. One of my favorite things to do, is to make my own embellishments. I recently read an article in Cardmaker Magazine that teabag folding,an age old craft, was making its way back into the papercrafter world. Teabag folding was the very first technique I learned, many moons ago. Interestingly enough, tea bag folding is not new. It orignated in Holland, by a woman named Tiny van der Plaas, who was an avid origami crafter. She needed a card for a friend and started playing with the tea bag envelopes , which were pretty decorative square pieces of paper. Hence, the birth of the tea bag fold. Over the decades, paper crafters have adopted the use of tea bag folding to enhance paper projects. I can't wait to share this wonderful technique with you all. Want to see what we will be making? Here are the samples for our first class:


Don't these look like fun!! Here is the class information:

Fancy Folds with Pat
Saturday April 21, 2012, at 10:30am
$15.00
Bring basic kit including bone folder, or tool to make crisp folds, liquid glue of your choice, trimmer, small tape runner,and ruler. Limited spots available. Call the store today, to reserve your seat. 540-548-3788 Hope to see you there!

No comments: