Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Design Wednesday with Tiffany

SEI Field Notes

Let me just say how excited I was to work on my projects the past couple of days!!! Spring is my favorite time of the year (minus the pollen!) and with all the yummy paper in the store I was on overload! 

My first design was with SEI Field Notes.  I knew what I wanted to use this paper for, so off we went to get our pictures taken with the Easter bunny.  I was not excited about the super bright colors in the pictures, but that was easy to take care of.  I sanded the picture on the sides (yes you can do that!!) and used Tim Holtz's Distressing Ink to give it a nice aged look.  I matted it three times to make the picture stand out and began layering the papers.  I loved all the butterflies from the die cut pack. I stickled them and adhere them to the page to seem like they were real.  Next, I have to tell you about the embossing!! We just got in some new embossing powders from Stampendous!!!  They are from the new Frantage line and they are awesome!!!   Not only is there embossing powders, there is crushed glass glitter and mica fragments.  I found out you need the embossing powder to help make the fragments and glass adhere to the page and its best if you heat from underneath the page so the mica fragments don't fly everywhere.  So once I learned all that the embossing turned out awesome!!! 


No comments: