Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

What Can You Do With a Zebra Stripe?

So I (Karen H) came into Scrapdoodles for my Design Team Inspiration materials and they pointed me to the Making Memoires Paper Reverie zebra stripe paper. Zebra Stripes? Hmmmmm. I'm not usually a zebra stripe kind of girl, but the black shimmer and glittery goodness grabbed me. So, I brought home that sheet of paper and several more from the Paper Reveries line along with one package of embellishments and a pack of silver glitter letters to create a couple of layouts and a quick gift idea. I cut apart the zebra stripes to create a border for this layout of some of last year's snowy photos. I used several of the embellishements and circles punched from the paper sheets with the silver letters for a title to create a very wintery feel. I don't see zebra stripes anywhere! I think the grey colors of this line can also be combined with silver elements or even al ittle red and green to get a whole new beautiful look for your holiday and winter season photos. Check them out!
I also cut some of the striped paper to give these plain candles a bit of pizzazz. The large paper "snowflake" on each candle isn't a snowflake at all. It is part of the paper design, but I thought they looked like snowflakes so I cut them out of the 12x12 sheet and used them the way I wanted.
My last layout for you this month is also from the Paper Reverie line, but the brown collection. You need to check out these papers on your next visit to Scrapdoodles - ask the girls where to find it before it's all gone! It's hard to tell in the picture, but the large die cut paper is glittered, so there's a nice shimmer to it. I also added a bit of glimmer mist to the embellishments, playing on the sunlight on my girl's hair in the photo. The medallion, or accordion circle, is easy to make and adds a bit of dimension to the layout. There's a bit of lace border (Little Yellow Bicycle) and some cuts from my Cricut added to the layers for a easy and beautiful layout.

I hope you check out this line of papers from Paper Reverie and get creative. Even better, pick up the zebra stripe and show us what you can do with it. Upload a picture of your layout or project on to our facebook page and show us what you can do with a black and shimmery zebra stripe! Can't wait to see!

No comments: