Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Design Team Introduction: Michelle Woolwine

I live in Charles Town, WV with my husband and two children, Reid and Baylee. Cooper is our beloved Black Lab and family pet. I work part time as an occupational therapist for a private school in Leesburg, Virginia, serving children with autism.
I began scrapbooking nine years ago when my best friend Julie invited me to a weekend retreat in Williamsburg. Given my background in art and love for photography, it was an instant passion. I have been an employee for Scrapdoodles in the past, as well as a teacher. I am thrilled to be part of the design team and share my family, memories, and ideas with all of you.

Given that I live over two hours from Scrapdoodles, Cheryl was kind enough to select an amazing array of papers and accents to inspire my first design team “collection.” My first layout was created using paper from the We R Memory Keepers Out and About collection. Reid has always had a love of planes, trains, and automobiles so this was perfect paper to showcase these pictures. The adorable designs and dimension of these elements allowed me to bring out all the colors and imagination in his creations. I chose to embellish the cardstock stickers using brads and gave them a little extra “pop” with foam squares. (Click on photos to enlarge them.)







When Cheryl told me to check out the new collections from My Mind’s Eye, I instantly fell in love with the Alphabet Soup line. The colors and patterns went perfectly with black and white photos. I decided to play with pattern, shapes, and design with this layout. The mixture of colors and patterns really draw the eye to her picture. I chose to use the cardstock cut-outs to accentuate the papers and bring a girly touch to the layout.





I have always wanted to play around with the wooden design your own picture frames. I chose to use the polka dots from the Alphabet Soup collection to add a subtle girly feel to the frame. I embellished the wooden “Princess” title using glitter, rhinestones, and chipboard flowers from the collection. The edges of the frame and paper are inked with Chocolate ink to finish off the design.



No comments: