Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Design Team Introduction: Nikki Tanner

Hello Blogworld!  My name is Nikki Tanner and I am delighted to be a part of the Scrapdoodles Design Team!  I started out as an avid scrapbooker when my first son was born 7 years ago, but quickly morphed into a card maker when it was time for his 2nd birthday party and I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for in an invitation.  Now I make cards more than anything else, and Scrapdoodles is my favorite place to get supplies.... so this is a match made in heaven!  When I am not making cards, I am busy as a stay-at-home- mom to my two boys, Reilly and Griffin, wife tomy very supportive hubby, Eddie and getting into all kinds of other crafts!  You can visit me on my papercrafts blog, Smells Like Homemade.

All of my projects today feature rubber images from one of the newest Imaginisce lines, Apple Cider.  There isn't anything more perfect for fall!  When I color, I use mostly Copic Sketch markers, and often pair them with Prisma pencils blended with of all things...baby oil!  Sounds weird I know, but it smells good, and when you are coloring with pencils, it blends the lines beautifully. 

My first card features the Apple Snag 'Em Stamp.  Just because the image is small doesn't mean you have to make a tiny card (this one is the standard card size--4.25 x5.5") or that you can't use it as the main image on your project.  I colored the apples, leaves and basket using Copic Sketch markers.  The brown sentiment square is actually one of the 3 x 3 card blocks from the Peebles Tree House Collection.  I thought the colors were perfect for fall themed cards and proof that you do not have to have a million stamps in your arsenal to create cute cards.

Below there is a close up of the apples so that you can see the shading, and below that you will find all of the details of the other fun papers and embellishments I used.


Ingredients:  Stamps: Imaginisce {Apple Cider Collection: Apples}; Designer Paper: Imaginisce {Apple Cider Paper Pad}, Peebles {Tree House: 3x3 Cards and Trunk double sided}; Copic Sketch markers {R59, R27, R29, E30, E35, E27, E18}; Ink: Tim Holtz Distressing Ink {Vintage Photograph}; Ribbon: American Crafts; Buttons: Bazzill Stitchin' Buttons {Sugar Daddy}; Border Punch {Martha Stewart}; 3D dots.

This little card also features a new image from Imaginisce, Raccoon!  It was love at first sight when I saw this little guy :)  The green sentiment square is again one of the 3 x 3 blocks from the Peebles Tree House collection.  All I did was mat it with another patterned paper from Peebles, and actually cut out my colored image and applied it to the center of the square with 3 D dots to give him some dimension.  The finished sixe of this card is 4 x 4".

Ingredients: Stamps: Imaginisce {Apple Cider Collection: Raccoon}; Designer Paper: Peebles {Tree House: 3x3 Cards and Trunk double sided}; Copic Sketch markers {E29, E35, E25, E42, C4}; Prisma Pencils {Light Umber, Black}; Ink: Tim Holtz Distressing Ink {Vintage Photo} Buttons: Bazzill Stitchin' Buttons {Sugar Daddy}; 3D dots.

My last project today also features the adorable Raccoon, but on a tag.  I hand cut a tiny heart and attached it in between his hands with a 3D dot, as well as attaching the image itself with 3D dots.  Along the edge of the brown square I used a paper piercer to pierce the paper, and then a white gel pen to connect the dots for a faux sewn look.


Ingredients: Stamps: Imaginisce {Apple Cider Collection: Raccoon}; Designer Paper: Imaginisce {Apple Cider Paper Pad}, Peebles {Tree House: 3x3 Cards and Trunk double sided}; Copic Sketch markers {E29, E35, E25, E42, C4}; Ink: Tim Holtz Distressing Ink {Vintage Photograph}; 3D dots; white gel pen; Scrapdoodles ribbon by the foot.

Thank you so much for visiting today and I look forward to seeing you again soon!

No comments: