Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Design Team Introduction #1

Hi everyone! My name is Karen. I live in Spotsylvania with my wonderful husband and our baby girl, Hannah. After 12 years of teaching middle school, I am finally blessed to be able to stay at home with our daughter. When I’m not running after her, I’m usually crafting. Our Hannah is only 19 months old, but has 4 full scrapbooking albums devoted to her (I might be slightly addicted to paper). I occasionally scrap other subjects (I have a hunting album and a gardening album), but most of my layouts center around family. I also love to make cards and have fun with mini-albums and other altered projects. I lead a FaithKeeping group at my church where we make projects that help build and strengthen our faith. I’m excited to design layouts and projects for Scrapdoodles – who wouldn’t want an excuse to be able to play with new papers and all the latest products?
My first layout for you this month is made with Basic Grey’s “Oliver” line. (On sale through Monday!) I also chose a pack of coordinating die cuts. I don’t know about you, but my crafting budget is often limited, so I like to get the most out of my supplies. With my 3 sheets of paper and 1 pack of embellishments, I created an awesome layout plus 6 cards. The “Oliver” line is a bit boyish, but I thought they went very well with this photo of my daughter. I used several of the coordinating die cuts on this layout - layered a few tags together and used them for journaling.
My favorite part, though, is how I "re-made" some of the die cuts that I otherwise wouldn't use (too boyish). Some of the die cuts featured pictures of trains and I didn’t think I would ever use them, so I decided to alter them. This is how you get more out of your supplies! I used a heart punch and punched hearts from these die cuts, then inked the edges a bit and created a border around my photo. The result is a unique element and now I don’t have a bunch of unused die cuts sitting in a box.






Pink Paislee is a relatively new company and I picked up some of their papers to play with. “Queen Bee” is beautiful patterns of golds, greens, and browns. When I saw the scalloped circle sheet – I knew I had to use it. This line is perfect for your outdoor photos.

My last project for you this month is a mini album using Pink Paislee’s “Bayberry Cottage” line. I was recently introduced to a wonderful song about marriage and I used some of the lyrics to create a little album devoted to our favorite married couples – or those who have inspired us. Again, one package of coordinating die cut embellishments went a long way on this project and added simple, yet elegant touches.
I hope you are inspired to create a new layout or project with these great papers. I hope you will visit my blog, too, for more ideas.

No comments: