Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Strawberry & Orange Salad

I've been asked repeatedly for the recipe for my yummy strawberry & orange salad. I'm posting the recipe but I thought I would add a twist to it at the same time! I'm going to leave out one ingredient and the first to post the right one will win a prize! If we have several right responses, I will choose a random number. So let's have some fun!

Here are the ingredients:
Strawberries, Mandarin Oranges, mixed salad greens and green or red onions. The almonds are candied by stirring 1/2 cup of sugar over medium heat and adding 1 cup of slivered almonds when the sugar starts to melt. Keep stirring until sugar is melted and almonds are golden.

The dressing is 1/2 cup of Balsamic Vinegar, 1/2 cup vegetable oil, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper and a secret ingredient.

Funny story - the night before the marathon crop I looked high and low for the missing ingredient, turned out my son, Matthew ran off with it for his soup!



5 comments:

KhrisW said...

Sesame seeds? Croutons? Oyster crackers? LOL. I can't see Matthew running off with sesame seeds so my vote is for croutons.

Cheryl said...

Need a hint? The salad is sweet and ____ (not sour) :)

Unknown said...

I will guess honey or maybe marshmallows?

Cheryl said...

Good try! Matthew loves honey. But the sweet in the dressing is the 2 tablespoons sugar so ....

Camisha said...

I say tobasco sauce! :-)