Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Design Team Wednesday - Teresa Collins "Save the Date" - Not Just for Weddings!

I so excited to be able to play with more new Teresa Collins collections papers today.  Her "Save the Date" collection is awesome for wedding and engagement, but is not limited to that theme at all.  The addition of the black to the soft colors make it a great pick for boys or girls and lots of different occasions.  These papers also have a thick and wonderful new texture to them.  I was drawn immediately to the bold black striped sheet in the collection and had the perfect photo in mind.  The soft pale pinks and greens really soften the starkness of the bold stripe and the black and white photo.  I think they are perfectly "married" (chuckle chuckle).  I took this photo of my daughter this winter, played with it a bit in Photoshop, and was excited to get it into a scrapbook layout.  Most of the elements like the tags, stickers, and enamel dots are from the Save The Date collection.  I fussy cut the rose bunches from another 12x12 sheet in the collection.  While at Scrapdoodles, I also picked up the gold chipboard starts (Studio Calico) and added them to the layout.

The black and white twine is from my stash.  I love the movement in gives to the bottom of the page while still anchoring the overlapping tags.


Look closely at the photo and you'll notice one of Teresa Collins new photo overlays.  I love how this adds yet another element to look at on your layout and this one was perfect over my photo, especially as it repeats the star element.
If you haven't seen it yet, come in to find your own stash of this new collection - it's not just for weddings!

No comments: