Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Design Team Wednesday - Now and Then with My Mind's Eye

Scrap Now and Then reveal in the wonders of your work! It's so easy to do both with this latest collection by My Mind's Eye! I picked up the "Mildred" collection to work with and created this layout to share with you. If you were at the Scrapdoodles retreat this past weekend, you might have had a sneak preview of this sitting on my desk!


Creating this layout was a tad different for me. First of all, that white space on the right hand side of the page is unusual for me. It is also not customary for me to do a page that isn't about the picture, especially when you have such a sassy little poser to write about!

Each of those flowers is fussy cut from a sheet of paper... they are not die cuts!! As quickly as the layout concept came together, the fussy cutting took a bit of time. It's difficult to appreciate in the pictures but a few of the smaller flowers are pop dotted and raised a tad higher for some depth and dimension to the layout.
I can't honestly say that those are the words out of the babes mouth, per se. I wanted to get the layout back up to the store for your viewing pleasures so I took an educated guess. When I asked her on Sunday night, I was pleasantly surprised to learn I wasn't far off!

If you're looking for this collection, be sure to visit the My Mind's Eye spinners towards the front of the store. There are still a lot of goodies up for grabs but it's going fast!
 

No comments: