Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

Fun with Basic Grey





I did two page layouts this time & decided to do a little something different with a canvas project. In all three I used paper from the new line of Basic Grey. In the first layout I had fun with Gesso mixed with Claudine Hellmuth modern red paint & then stamped in it with the Jenni Bowlin damask foam stamp.I love mixing textures so I added Burlap with jute to make the heart around my picture & just began layering by using rub-ons and Prima flowers.The Studio Calico wood veneer banner pieces come in a natural color but they are so easy to paint any color you want.I painted mine black to add a finishing touch to go with my layout.In my second layout I used the Studio Calico veneer houses nestled in with my prima flowers.I left them their original color so it would fit in better with my color scheme.Then I finished with Websters pages ribbon, Pink Paislee mistable ribbon, Making memories Paper Reverie brads,Tim Holtz journaling tags, and of course Prima flowers.In my last project I used all the scraps from the other page layouts to create this fun Geisha Girl on a canvas.I used Dragonfly Blue glimmer mist to add the lantern with the Creative imaginations template. I then used the 6x6 tear drop template designed by Julie Balzar with Gesso instead of a glimmer mist.I used Basic Grey rub-ons to add trim on her dress & just to add more to my background.I did a little doodling & lastly I used stickles to add a little bling to the project.

1 comment:

Karen Hunter said...

Nice job! Love the jute on that first layout!