Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Project Life as a Layout

Suzanna here to share with you a layout using some of the newest and hottest product to hit the store, Project Life.

I came to Project Life late in the game. I hate being late, there is nothing worse in my books. I'd rather not "go there" if I'm going to be late. What good as a daily life album that begins half way through the year? That's my logic. So I decided that I would warm up and dip a toe in the waters with Project Life style layouts.
The Blush Edition Core Kit and 4x6 cards make up the bulk of the product that I used, along with one of the  3x4 grid cards. I fussy cut cards, used dies or cut files cut using the Silhouette to dress up "base" cards. Stamps and some digital elements were a must too.
If you haven't already jumped on the Project Life bandwagon, run to Scrapdoodles, don't wait and dive right in! The cupboards will be bare soon, I can guarantee it! (Don't worry, Cheryl will re-stock!) Project Life makes scrapping very manageable. You don't need to have it all to get it done. Everything coordinates so perfectly and there are so many cards to choose from, there is little else needed. Some "support characters" (stamps, wood veneer, etc) are nice, but not necessary.
Don't be afraid to cut the cards apart! Use them in creative and innovative ways as I did here. The "hello" was on a whole card. I wanted a circle for the middle of the doily so I used a punch to create the look I wanted. Stamp a complimentary sentiment and you've personalized it!
Washi and the My Mind's Eye enamel dots are a perfect compliment to Project Life as well.

I foresee A LOT more Project Life style layouts in my future. In fact, I've already made 2 more since creating this one. I hope I've either inspired you to give Project Life a try if you haven't already or perhaps seen new ways of using the product you already have! Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to stop by the store and stock up!


No comments: