Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Bird House Mini Album

I love the 5th & Frolic line by Dear Lizzy for American Crafts!  The colors are wonderful and reminded me of spring. The paper inspired me to create this fun birdhouse mini album. Although it has been cold lately,  here in Northern Virginia, we have had some warm days. Just the other day I woke up to the birds singing and the woodpeckers pecking. I love making things with birds!


I found this great birdhouse shape in the Silhouette store and cut it out with my Cameo. It originally was a card- I cut it in half and traced it to make a pattern for the book. The front and back of the book are made of white chipboard.


I used white paper bags cut down to 7 inches for the inside pages. I covered them with patterned paper and can use them as pockets for pictures and tags. I also used my favorite washi tape
to reinforce the hole punches and make the book more durable.


I used the matching chipboard shapes and stickers to embellish my pages.  So easy but so cute!


Hope you all enjoy!!

-Carey

No comments: